Effective June 1, 2020
Ed’s Fine Wines uses and discloses your Personal Information in its normal course of business for the following purposes.
- Fulfilling orders placed on our site
- Establishing and maintaining communication with you
- Responding to your inquiries about purchases, accounts, and other services
- Providing you with products and services you are interested in
- Marketing our goods and services to you
- Processing transactions through service providers
- Meeting security, processing, legal, and regulatory requirements
- Amassing statistics for analysis of our business and site
- Protecting against suspicious, fraudulent, or other illegal activities
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features on our website
We acquire your information from several possible sources:
- Directly from you during account registration from forms you complete, subscriptions you purchase or comments you provide on our website
- From the newsletter signup form with email services provided by Constant Contact
- Indirectly from you such as observing your actions on our website
Cookies and Collecting Data
While utilizing our website it is imperative to understand that we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your browsing actions, browsing patterns, or other actions when using the Website, including, without limitation, details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We utilize re different kinds of cookies with different functions:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- First-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular website for the entity that owns that website. They are stored and sent between Total Wine’s servers and your computer’s operating system. They are not used for anything other than for personalization as set by you. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
- Third-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular website for an entity that does not own that website. They are stored and sent between the Third-party’s server and your computer’s or device’s hard drive. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies.
Third Party Payment Service
Accounts and Wine Club Subscriptions
If you subscribe and create an account on our Ed’s Fine Wines website, you can review/change your personal information by logging on and visiting your account profile page.
Privacy of Minors
Our website is intended exclusively for adults 21 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 21. If we have reason to believe a minor under the age of 21 has provided personal information to our website, we will take the necessary measures to delete that information from our database.